One skein fingering weight yarn, I used 15 wpi handspun, and used about 100 yards, give or take a few.
Size 5 needles, or whatever needed to get gauge.
Gauge: 5.5 per inch, but that’s not hugely important.
- Cast on 36 stitches, using the non tight cast on of your choice.Knit 2 inches of twisted rib (ktbl, p1)
- Knit 4 rows
- kfb at the beginning of every other row, and in the last stitch. Knit the odd rows plain. Continue until there are 52 stitches.
- K47, BO 10.
- Knit flat for 4 rows, ending on a purl row
- Begin knitting in the round again on the 5
- Knit for 1.5 inches
- P 1 row
- K 1 row
- BO all stitches
- Weave in all the ends
- Run around showing everyone your nifty mitt
- Do it all again